Home > Development
The Linacre College Development Office aims to deepen relationships between the College and its 4,700+ Old Members & Friends in 130 countries, and between individual Old Members. It does this through publication of the College magazine, Linacre News, through events, national and professional networks, a mentoring scheme, and through other initiatives such as visits to Old Members, mailings, invitations back to the College, regular e-mail news, and an online directory. Events vary from receptions in corporate venues, clubs or in private homes, dinners large and small, lectures, cultural events and our recently-formed legacy circle. We very much welcome news from former students, and we would be delighted if you had time to fill in, and return to us, the Old Members' Update form.
The Development Office also raises money for a range of important College projects including Linacre's Endowment, Scholarships, Student Hardship Fund, Accommodation and Academic Activities such as IT, the Linacre Lectures and other items. As well as scholarships, buildings and other facilities in the College have been named, either for those who made the gifts, or for friends of those who have donated.
In 2005, a successful 40th Anniversary Capital Campaign was completed, thanks to our generous supporters; £3 million was raised for the funds named above. We are very grateful to all who supported this, and to all our supporters since that time. Thanks to them, we have been able over the last few years to:
- add substantially to our endowment fund.
- build new accommodation – the Griffiths Building - enabling 36 more individuals to live on the College site in superb ensuite rooms.
- add new scholarships - the Canadian Alumni Scholarship, the David Daube Scholarship in Law, the Ron & Jane Olson Scholarship in Refugee Studies, the Ruth & Nevill Mott Scholarship in Law, and the Carolyn & Franco Gianturco Scholarship in Music / Theoretical Chemistry.
- set up new Junior Research Fellowships - the Biomedical JRF and the Fellows’ JRF.
- set up the annual Leeds Hoban Linacre/Huntington Exchange Fellowship.
- add a new area of garden, named for Dr Rom Harré.
We now look forward to the 50th Anniversary of the College in 2012; a fundraising Campaign will be publicly launched then, of which more in the future! Although we are now in the private phase of this Campaign, if you are interested in learning more, do contact the Director of Development.
Thank you for your ongoing interest in Linacre, a college which offers so much to its members, and which is, in turn, rightly proud of the impressive and enterprising worldwide Linacre community.
Dr Anne Keene, Director of Development
Mrs Marsaleete Anderson, Alumni Relations Officer
Mrs Ros Connell, Development Officer
Miss Rebecca Waterman, Development Assistant