Job Title: Alumni Relations Officer, in the Development Office
Position Reports To: Dr Anne Keene, Director of Development
Job Description: The Alumni Relations Officer is responsible for maintaining and enriching good relations between over 5,500 Old Members and the College.
The current post-holder to work Monday to Friday inclusive, a total of 36.5 hours per week, and expected to work overtime for various events during the year.
Old Member relationship building
- Acting as the primary contact for the majority of Old Members
- Proactive and reactive liaison with Old Members; e-mail, letters, telephone, hosting in College and events.
- Administering the Mentoring Scheme for Old Members and current students
- Management of Old Member societies and networks
- Developing an attractive programme of Old Member events, from initial planning and budgeting through bookings and guest lists, liaison with volunteers, suppliers and College staff, to follow-up and appraisal.
- Responsibility for the College Gaudy weekend, Linacre’s largest annual Old Member programme of events.
- Maintaining an overview of events in and relating to College, and helping to post relevant information online.
- Budgeting, planning, editing, publication, and circulation of the College magazine twice a year.
- Formulating and implementing effective strategies for engaging the Old Member community as well as raising the profile of the College.
- Monitoring and updating information on the College website. The ARO has particular responsibility for news and events, and for publishing this information using their own judgement.
- Forming part of the Webmaster team who look after the website content as a whole on behalf of the whole College.
- Proactively seeking out news items relating to Linacre for publication on the website and social media platforms.
- Working with the IT Manager to develop and improve the website and online presence of the College.
- Managing the College’s social media accounts, writing engaging posts and updates to interest all members, Old Members, prospective students and friends of the College. The post-holder will use their own judgement to gather and post social media content as they see fit.
- Taking and gathering photographs relating to Linacre members and events.
Data management and administration
- Along with the Development Officer, ensuring that information held on the College Alumni database is maintained with accurate and up-to-date information and that the College has appropriate permission to store and use these data.
- Acting as Minutes Secretary to Development Committee
- Supervision of the Development Office in the absence of the Director
- Assisting oversight of new Development Office staff
- Development Office User of Online Store facility
- Provide substantial telethon support when required
- Ensuring information posted online by Linacre is accurate and up-to-date
Director of Development, Fellows, IT Manager, staff, students, Old Members (worldwide)