Grants for academic and social events
Grants of up to £200 are available to support academic and social gatherings of students and fellows – subject mixers.
Such mixers can take the form of a seminar with a visiting speaker, drinks receptions, picnic outings, tray-lunch or supper in the college or any other activity that is appropriate to facilitate interaction between students and Fellows. The College will subsidise the cost of this activity up to a maximum of £10 per head or £200 in total.
Subject mixers can be initiated by Fellows or students, but it is a requirement that both Fellows and students participate in these mixers. The application should include:
- A description of the event, including its academic focus
- Proposed date for subject mixer
- Description and location of mixer activity
- Names of at least two Fellows who are attending
- Names of at least four students who are attending
- Total budget
Applications will be considered by the Academic Committee. Please send your applications to email@example.com.