You are here

6.2 College Doctor

PDF version

All members of the College are required to register with a local General Practitioner (GP) Doctor. In the UK your GP is your first point of contact for all non-emergency medical treatments. Many problems can be treated by the GP, but if you need specialist care, the GP will refer you to an appropriate NHS Specialist. You are strongly encouranged to register with the College Doctors. If you decide to register with a different local GP you must provide the College Secretary with their contact details, so that the College may call them in case of emergency.