IT Support Assistant – IT Department – Grade 5 (£24,983 to £29,799)
Position Reports To:
Ross Wackett – IT Manager
Assist the IT Manager in providing long term management and development of the College network and systems. Provide reliable and appropriate IT Support to all members of College as well as visitors and guests
Full time. Normal hours 08:30 – 16:30 Monday to Friday. Flexibility of working hours at times. Details to be mutually agreed as required.
- Assist with the maintenance and support of Windows and Linux servers and approximately 50 College owned PCs
- Provide user support to staff, students, academics and visitors
- Troubleshooting and repairing faulty IT equipment
- Deal with a wide variety of people in a customer facing environment
- To host IT support sessions at times to be agreed with the IT manager.
- To perform administrative tasks on CCTV, Door Access Control and EPOS as required.
- To control and maintain mail lists and user accounts.
- To perform DSE assessments annually or as required.
- To deputise for the IT Manager during flexible working hours and as required.
All College members and visitors.
- Be available in College during agreed working hours
- Dress presentably
- Be prepared to visit offsite locations as required
- Microsoft Windows in a networked environment
- Computer security practices, anti-virus and anti-malware software
- TCP/IP based communication technologies
- A good working knowledge of Linux, Mac OS, Android, iOS and Windows Operating Systems
- Good communication skills. Written, verbal and electronic
- The ability to manage their own time effectively and prioritise tasks
- Scripting and/or programming abilities
- Copper data cabling diagnostic and repair skills
- TCP/IP networking concepts
- Ability to work with Linux at the command line
- A good working knowledge of Windows Domains