You are here
Recipients of Thomas Linacre Studentships 2020
Monday 22nd June 2020
Thomas Linacre Studentships 2020
We are thrilled to announce this year’s recipients Gerardo Montalvo and Ndjodi Ndeunyema. We have compiled some of the things that their nominees wrote about them:
- For outstanding contributions to College including as Social Secretary, as Welfare Officer, as a Peer Supporter, as a Senior Student and going above and beyond the duties of all of these positions.
- For going out of his way to make Linacre a safe and supportive home for so many.
- For always having a friendly word to say and an open ear to listen to other students’ needs and worries.
- For consistently and compassionately promoting welfare and well-being during this troubling time and making a large effort to make everyone feel supported.
- For volunteering his time, his compassion, and demonstrating leadership, perseverance, diplomacy, and care in so many different and discreet ways.
- For embodying the public face which we should all aspire to display as ambassadors of the Linacre community and this University more broadly.
- For supporting many African and Diaspora students when they need help, and supporting the prison rehabilitation/debate project through the Linacre Africa Network.
- For providing a much needed and appreciated voice of legal and principled reason at various forums.
- For leading the research at the Human Rights Hub and recently being one of the various co-facilitators of the Rhodes Must Fall Movement in Oxford.