You are here
Norman and Ivy Lloyd Scholarship/Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- SCHOLARSHIP STATUS: Open
- CLOSING DATE: 18th December for Commonwealth Application, and by relevant programme application deadlines
- NATIONALITY: any developing sub-Saharan African country
- LEVEL OF STUDY: MSc
- SUBJECT: Biodiversity, Conservation and Management; Water Science, Policy and Management; Environmental Change and Management and Nature, Society and Environmental Governance.
- VALUE: 100% of fees and a living expenses stipend
- DURATION: 1 year
- NUMBER OF AWARDS: 1
- APPLICATION DETAILS: Apply directly to Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) via website. Eligible candidates are then automatically considered for this scholarship by the relevant department.
The Norman and Ivy Lloyd Scholarship is jointly funded by Dr Keith Lloyd, in memory of his parents, and the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship scheme. It is available to support a student from any developing sub-Saharan African country wishing to study for one of the following MSc courses: Biodiversity, Conservation and Management; Water Science, Policy and Management; and Environmental Change and Management.
Students should apply directly to the CSC using the CSC’s online application form by 18th December 2019. Students should also apply to their course at Oxford by the January course deadline and receive an offer of a place in order to be eligible. All eligible students who have made applications will be considered by the department and no application to college is necessary.
The scholarship covers all fees and provides a grant for living costs of at least £14,777. The scholarship is only tenable at Linacre College. All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form. However, successful applicants will be transferred to Linacre College in order to take up the scholarship.