You are here
Graduate Admissions Selection Criteria for Linacre College
- Applicants must first have been accepted by a Department or Faculty of the University of Oxford before any college or permanent private hall may consider them.
- Applications are considered for any of the courses in which the College offers admission. Please consult the following list to see these courses: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/colleges/linacre-college
- Applications are usually considered by the Admissions Committee chaired by the Tutor for Admissions.
- The College seeks to maintain a diverse community of students and Fellows, with a good balance between Arts and Sciences as well as taught and research-based postgraduate courses.
- Preference will normally be given to applicants whose area of study overlaps with the academic interests of the College’s Fellows.
The College aims to admit a certain number of graduate students each year spread across the range of subjects in which it accepts graduate students, and this will determine the number of offers which can be made to applicants. Where there are more applicants than offers which can be made, the relative academic merit and potential of the applicants may be taken into account. It may not be possible to make offers to applicants whose applications are received late in the admissions round, when places are full.
- The possession of competitively-won funding may be taken into account as an indicator of the applicant’s academic merit and potential.
- The final decision on whether to offer a place in the light of the overall competition for graduate places and the spread of those places across subject areas is usually taken by the Tutor for Admissions.
- Please note that any offer of a place will be subject to satisfactory financial evidence that the applicant can meet the tuition cost for the first year of their course. Please consult this guidance for more details - https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/fees-and-funding/financial-declaration.
- Preference may be given to current or past students of the College who meet the selection criteria described above.